Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Catholic convert (from Protestantism) in love with Jesus and the Church He founded. I'm married to Forrest, an amazing man who has made quite a journey with me, following God, and we are blessed with six precious children.

Saturday, November 27, 2004

I've been thinking lately, and the posts on people's blogs that really get the comments are often controversial. So I need to say something that I know a lot of people are going to either disagree with, or be very interested in finding out whether they disagree with it.

And so here I go talking about something non-controversial and housewifey again. I finished David's quilt top today! It turned out very nicely, and I have the batting & back pinned to the top of Timothy's quilt. I need to get more safety pins, or else use straight ones, to do the same for David's. But they're coming along. We'll see if they're completely done for Christmas, but they'll be usable.

Only less than 2 weeks 'til Rick & Rachel come. (And, R&R, you have to stay at our house a little of the time! We can stay up late and play games and Rick and Forrest can drink rum and stuff and Rachel, you & I can drink a gallon of egg nog from Costco, and we can watch movies and eat cookies and maybe we could practice some songs and you & I can do soprano/alto, and Rick can do tenor and Forrest bass...)

Our Christmas tree is up but undecorated. We'll do that tomorrow...on the first Sunday in Advent. :) We got candles for our Advent wreath, which I am going to assemble one of these hours.

In the words of Leomard Sportsinterview, "Snow falls from the 'bove."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, I like your housewifely posts!

I don't get many comments either...unless I do a post on cutting the boys' hair, or what three Thanksgiving foods you would choose if you could only have three and things like that. Oh well, "could be worse!"

~Holly

11/28/2004 7:10 AM  
Blogger RickCapezza said...

(actually his WIFE said)...
HEY, can we stay with you for the first few days when we get there? Since Grandma is staying a few extra days, we wanna let her stay in the guest room and maybe we could stay with y'all till she leaves. Let me know if that works for you. :)BTW, does Forrest dislike egg nog too? Rick HATES it, which means more for me! :) See you in 1 week and 3 days (not that I'm counting...:))

11/29/2004 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are going to have so much fun! It makes me teary-eyed to see how much my adult girls love each other and want to be together! I'm so thankful that God has made us into such a close-knit family this year! Forrest and Rick are just like extra sons now!
-Mommy

11/30/2004 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home