Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Catholic convert (from Protestantism) in love with Jesus and the Church He founded. I'm married to Forrest, an amazing man who has made quite a journey with me, following God, and we are blessed with six precious children.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

'Suuup

It's a gorgeous fall. We went to the Arboretum last Saturday with Isaiah, and my family, and the trees are all just about at their peak. The tall old maple tree right out our front window is just lovely, adorned with rich crimson-golden leaves. When the sun shines on them, they're like a giant exotic lantern.
My bow is finally finished being re-haired and straightened. I rosined it up yesterday and went through a few scales until I noticed David was quite upset. At first I was inclined to think the high notes had scared him (when you're as out of practice as I am, those are quite shrieky) but Forrest was more convinced that he was jealous of me, and wanted the viola. Probable.
I've been thoroughly enjoying listening to P.G. Wodehouse lately. Jeeves and Wooster are my favorite. Today I was listening to "Jeeves and the Mating Season" on cassette. Unabridged. Delightful stories. Bertie is such an airhead, taking life as un-seriously as possible, except when it comes to his personal discomfort. Jeeves is the best. "Do you know everything, Jeeves?" "I don't know, sir." (That was actually from a video version of the stories--but I wouldn't be surprised to find it in Wodehouse's original stories.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Lovely description! Fall is fantastic!

10/28/2004 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home