Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Catholic convert (from Protestantism) in love with Jesus and the Church He founded. I'm married to Forrest, an amazing man who has made quite a journey with me, following God, and we are blessed with six precious children.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Last night while making & eating dinner, we were listening to Michael W. Smith's "Live the Life" album...and it took me back. Sigh. To the days when I was writing my "Leigh" story. What a flood of memories! So after the boys were in bed I got out my old stories & poems, which were actually easy to get at, since Forrest & I moved my desk out of our room upstairs next to the computer desk...ANYWAY...and even more floods came. I mean, this made me soaking! :) I found poems I had completely forgotten writing, and others that I had re-read so many times I had them memorized. It struck me that I have a lot about 1)the hill and 2)the moon. And that prompted me to ask Forrest if, when we move out in the country someday, we could go get the hill from my parents' and move it out to our house.
Yeah, I'm kind of ridiculous that way. I also found a couple poems by one "Asa Packer" (azzepackcir) and they're still good. I read Forrest "The Naming of Cats" by T.S. Eliot...that's a good one.
So then I got out "Leigh" and started reading it. Made some notes like "does this have to be here?", crossed out some commas, and got inspired to rewrite the story. This is gonna be a LONG process. But it's more of an "eventually" goal...the immediate plan being, get writing again! And reading, for that matter. I haven't been reading regularly pretty much all year. The most faithful I've been is in reading the Bible, and in that I have not at all been faithful to read every day, other than the devotions we have at breakfast and bedtime. (Which is better than nothing...but doesn't keep me "in the Word" as I desire to be.)
So I'm excited, and also have a busy fall ahead of me, with just normal life and on top of that, doing more writing and reading, and trying to make quilts for the boys. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home