Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Catholic convert (from Protestantism) in love with Jesus and the Church He founded. I'm married to Forrest, an amazing man who has made quite a journey with me, following God, and we are blessed with six precious children.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Writing etc.

Funny thing about that is, I wasn't even trying, but ended up writing that haiku in "proper" form-- 5/7/5. I actually made that one last night at about midnight, while trying to fall asleep.

I've been thinking about reading and writing lately, and while I love to write, there's no way I'm going to be able to do it well if I don't get reading a great deal more than I have been. Life is a bit busier now than it was four years ago, and seems to just keep getting busier. However, I feel more "on top" of my everyday life now than I did even a year ago...not to mention a couple years ago. While it's gotten busier, I've been forced to be more diligent. A very good thing. My greatest desire right now, and you could say in a way my new year's resolution (which I've really never seriously made before) is to read more. Primarily from Scripture, but not limited to that. I want to read good fiction and poetry, and maybe further into the year I'll try reading some Christian living/commentary/theology. We'll see. Personally I've been a bit turned off to theology, not that it's bad or unuseful, but because I've seen too often people (including myself) trying to interpret Scripture by the system, and I just want to read for a while the Bible itself, to kind of get the center back in focus, if that makes sense.

And speaking of books, we have a bookshelf (even occupied by books!) in our livingroom finally! I'm very pleased. Forrest is planning to make a bigger one for that room, and I think then we'll move the current one upstairs, where we'll keep our less-liked, less popular books.

And I found my Jeeves book, after thinking it had been missing. All's right with the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home