Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Catholic convert (from Protestantism) in love with Jesus and the Church He founded. I'm married to Forrest, an amazing man who has made quite a journey with me, following God, and we are blessed with six precious children.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Mother's Day

Forrest got me "Life is Beautiful" (La Vita E Bella) on DVD, Italian with English subtitles, for Mother's day. Along with the Chieftains' album "The Wide World Over"...celebration of 40 years of their band! Pretty impressive. Good album. And I already knew the movie is good, I've seen it several times. One of the best movies ever, IMHO.
We went to Manito Park on Sunday. It wasn't too busy, and we got to visit the perennial garden, conservatory, Duncan Gardens (although we just sat at the top and let the kids roll down the little hill, since the flower beds were still empty and the fountain, as far as we could tell, wasn't going!), Japanese Gardens (which they've done some sprucing up to, and it was beautiful) and the Lilac Garden. Ahhh. It was nice. I was tired after all that walking. Afterwards, we went out to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream...first time there, and it was delicious. I had their "Paradise Found" which is white chocolate ice cream mixed with coconut, pineapple, and bananas. Like a banana-colada in ice cream form.
Forrest & I have been watching X-Files lately, and just got into the first season of "24". It really draws you in! I think my mom didn't like how that season ended, though. Oh well.
I'm making beer beef for dinner. I should probably go cut that up & get it stewing, and try to make a couple phone calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home