Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Catholic convert (from Protestantism) in love with Jesus and the Church He founded. I'm married to Forrest, an amazing man who has made quite a journey with me, following God, and we are blessed with six precious children.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Cappucino-fudge cheesecake

I've never made this, but I used this recipe as part of my guide in making my mocha cheesecake. Here's the recipe for the mocha one:
(Questions marks denote that I don't remember if I actually put this in or not but it probably won't hurt to.)

Crust:
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
6 T. cocoa powder
1/3 c. powdered sugar
1-2 T. medium-grind coffee grounds
6 T. melted butter

Filling:
2 lbs cream cheese
5 eggs
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 shots espresso
12 T. cocoa powder
1-2 T. medium-grind coffee grounds
1/4 c. flour?
4 T. butter or oil?

Topping:
1 1/2 c. sour cream
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 T. espresso
1/2-1 t. vanilla

Mix crust together, press in bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Mix filling very gently; mix until smooth but do not overbeat. Pour on top of crust. Bake in 325 degree oven, in water bath* for approx. 1 1/2 hours. Allow to cool until warm; mix topping together and spread evenly over cheesecake. Return to oven (turned up to 375-400 degrees) for 10 minutes. Cool completely, at least 4 hours.

*This is how I do a water bath for cheesecake: After baking crust, wrap tinfoil carefully & tightly around outside of springform pan, to ensure that water can't seep in. Pour in filling. Set springform pan in a large roasting pan (I use a disposable foil one) and carefully add water to roasting pan until it comes about halfway up outside of springform.

This recipe may require a bit of playing around with.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe :)
Aunt Angela

1/08/2007 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home