Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Catholic convert (from Protestantism) in love with Jesus and the Church He founded. I'm married to Forrest, an amazing man who has made quite a journey with me, following God, and we are blessed with six precious children.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Stuff

I've discovered anew that I like reading. Having not done it much in the last few years, I kind of forgot about the lure. But lately, since Noelle takes a while to put to sleep, I decided to try helping myself to be patient with her, and read while nursing her to sleep. The first book I read while doing that was Unexpected Journey. Then just today I finished Very Good, Jeeves! and am almost through A New Kind of Christian. It makes me feel like talking about more...and yet what I'm gleaning in the latter is still in its developing stage in my mind and although there are bits and pieces to talk about, I don't feel like I have the gist yet. I really like it so far though. It makes me really want to re-read Ancient-Future Faith again, but it's at Forrest's parents' house. Where we were just a couple weeks ago, but I thought they were still reading it. Found out afterwards that they probably were done with it...*sigh*.
On a different note, I found out tonight that if you brown the butter by accident while melting it to make beef gravy, it actually contributes positively to the gravy's flavor. I think I'll make it that way regularly now--only I'll brown the butter on purpose.
Pictures will be coming soon...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently rediscovered the joy of reading ever since Rick got on paperback swap. But I've only read two of the books. I'm still lazy about it, but when I set my mind to reading, I really enjoy it.

9/27/2006 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home