Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Catholic convert (from Protestantism) in love with Jesus and the Church He founded. I'm married to Forrest, an amazing man who has made quite a journey with me, following God, and we are blessed with six precious children.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Random

Life has been good lately. I feel like I'm finally on top of a lot of things...though still juggling, I think I'm getting the hang of juggling. That probably means another ball...or pin...or flaming torch... is coming soon! Ha.
We're working on getting the kids' room finished finally. Forrest has stripped almost all the remaining paint off the trim & doors, and we'll stain those; we need to paint the ceiling and walls, put trim along the bottom of the walls, and soon we'll put in new windows! I'm excited about it. I'm also going to make new curtains for their room.





















some of Timothy's artwork--Spiderman. On their bedroom door. In crayon.


















Forrest taking paint off the window trim...






















meanwhile, Noelle helps herself to pretzels.



Last night and this morning I transplanted all the plants my mom gave me (her leftovers, of which there were many)--lettuce, a few mustard greens, broccoli, tomatoes, and peppers. It's really exciting to have such a good start on my garden already! The past two years I've just been awful at it...not that I didn't have a very cute little excuse, but this year she's big enough to play with the boys while I work in the dirt, so I plan to keep diligent at it!

















a bee that stung me when I accidentally put my hand on it...



















tomatoes & peppers






















pretty much the whole garden, at a weird angle

















lettuce, mustard, broccoli, & leeks

NotBand is going good so far...we had a practice last weekend that went well. It's new and different for me to have to do so much improvisation on my viola, and though difficult, also fun not only to figure out but to have that challenge. It's also cool how although while we play the songs they're familiar, they also have such a different sound than the original. Which in a way makes them sound better...for example, we'd never be able to play like the Sons of Korah. But we can improvise, using the instruments we have (some the same, some different than their band) and come up with something that sounds better than a pathetic attempt at professionalness. I don't know if that came out right, but oh well.



























































































It smells so nice outside. Spring is finally here. Trees in blossom, tulips, hyacinths, daffodils...and pretty soon lilacs too. I love this time of year. The kids and I have been spending our mornings, from after breakfast until lunchtime, outside the past few days and I love it.
Well, I should go--my house is coming back to life as naptime draws to an end.

P.S. New words in Noelle's vocabulary (which is suddenly growing a lot!) include:
Noo-null (noodle)
Bea's (beans)
Amen
Dit-a-baaa (take a bath!)
Nanny (candy...I know, awful)
Nuhh (nurse)
uh-uh (which can mean uh-uh or uh-huh...it's very confusing.)
Wa-woah (water, or other drinks)
Wah-wee (sorry)
Ball
Ow! (while hitting her brothers...or occasionally, hitting herself, to reenact her getting hurt)
Mine! (ugh! she started THIS one tonight, at choir practice!)

















Noelle feeds herself.









































and helps make pizza crust.















































With Grandpa Eyre & Grandma Lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the photos! :D You have such cute kids.

Wonder if it'll be hard for the kids not being able to write on their wall anymore :(

4/28/2007 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home